Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dvd-rom drive wont read

• Please log in to reply

ineedhelp

ineedhelp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have an orginal sony dvd rom-drive and its barely been a month since i have got it.. now the same problem has happened which happens everytime your dvd/cd drive gets a little old.. if a cd has even a lil scratch on it.. the dvd wont play it.. you need a brand new scratchless cd for the drive to play because it will reject all others and the dvd program will play the movie by jumps and starts..... does anybody know how i can improve on this .. or if maybe i can change the drive lens for a dvd player lens .. will that improve the reading capability or will it work??... i have rented 10 of the latest movies and i cant see even one of them.. help!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Sound like you have a defective player. Since it's only a month old, whey not exchange it for another one?

ineedhelp

ineedhelp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ur right,,,, but i also have another one which has the same problem and its way over its warranty period.. isnt there neway i can fix it?? u know make the lens more stronger or change it for a powerfull one or sumthing?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Sadly no. CD/DVD-ROM drive failure is very common. There pretty complicated components, made very inexpensively, and have a lot of moving parts. All of which add up to a pretty high failure rate.