Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Redirecting from Search pages to unknown pages

• Please log in to reply

TheVinci

TheVinci

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Problem:

Whenever I click a link from a search page like google or yahoo, I am redirected to other pages like clickseekfind or toseeka.com.

I have searched this site and could not find anything called cmdservice to fix the problem. Doea anyone else know how to fix the problem?

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
This might be Malware related
Go here: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
Follow the instructions in that guide, and post in the Malware Forum with the requested logs, if the earlier steps don't fix your problem.

Once you receive a clean bill of health from the malware techs, and you still have problems, then post back here.

jxchamb

jxchamb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem two weeks ago.
Let me ask you a question. Are you using a router? I'm gonna guess yes and if you are the the problem may be the same as mine;

At the end of the day the problem was due to my password to access my router being set as the default password; this allowed a trojan to screw up my computer and cause various issues like being directed to google.com when i clicked on "Update Windows" or being unable to load anti-spyware software or updates from microsoft.

It took me a week to fix this because I kept finding the trojan/spyware but than I'd reboot the computer and it would be back. So what I had to do is unhook my router from my modem and run it ('it' being the router) directly to the computer. I then did a "hard boot" of the modem (holding in the 'reset' button on the back of the router for about a minute with a paper clip) and after I logged into it I changed my username and password to something much stronger than "password". I ran my anti-spyware software, deleted the trojan/virus, rebooted the computer, hooked up my router and modem again and viola!! No more problem.
Hope this helps.

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
This is malware. I see it all the time over in the malware forum.
Go to the Malware Forum to get some help.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

It took me a week to fix this because I kept finding the trojan/spyware but than I'd reboot the computer and it would be back. So what I had to do is unhook my router from my modem and run it ('it' being the router) directly to the computer. I then did a "hard boot" of the modem (holding in the 'reset' button on the back of the router for about a minute with a paper clip) and after I logged into it I changed my username and password to something much stronger than "password". I ran my anti-spyware software, deleted the trojan/virus, rebooted the computer, hooked up my router and modem again and viola!! No more problem.
Hope this helps

This should work, but go to the Malware Forum to make sure that you come out 100% clean. This suggestion also points out that malware is causing this issue.