Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HELP PLEASE - Windows XP RAID 0 only reporting 1/2 of Disk Size

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I would sincerely appreciate any help with this problem. When installing windows XP it asks you to press F6 if you need to install and RAID drivers of which I did while installing. I also went into the RAID setup utility before installing windows and created a RAID 0 set using my two Western Digital Raptor drives. This is my startup disk and has all of my important files on it. My problem is that for some reason this RAID set is only recognized as being 74 gigs instead of the combined disk space, (approx. 148 gigs) of both drives as it should reflect. I get low disk space warnings based on this wrong size. I am going to attach two pics to this letter which will clearly show my problem. One is of the hard drive properties page which only shows the RAID set as being a 74 gigs. The other pic is of the disk managment page which is very confusing because on the top it reports the wrong size, (74 gigs) and on the bottom it shows the correct RAID 0 Size. So what I need is to be able to utilize and have available all of my disk space. Is there a way to correct this to show the actual and true disk space and size without formatting the drives and losing my files? Finally everything works well except this conflicting disk space issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Disk_Management_pic.JPG [