Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

*** SOLVED Change Drive Letters ***

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi guys.

Pc has been down since Saturday, thanks to a dodgy driver on my cable modem.

I have reinstalled Windows, attempted a repair, all failed, and as a last resort I was going to completely reformat my system drive, take a hit on what I'd lost and start again.

Just before hitting the button, the Windows installer offered to attempt to repair the system, and miraculously it worked.

I've had to find a few old passwords to reactivate a couple of progs, and I think my final problem lies with my mdeia disc.

The system was set up as:

C Drive - system
D Drive - all media files (videos/music/photos)
E Drive - DVD writer

Now, it reads:

C Drive - system
D Drive - DVD writer
E Drive - all media files (videos/music/photos)

And Media Player will not play any files as th library is referencing the wrong path.

So...... what's the easiest way to re-order the D/E drives?

I would much rather do this than re-reference the library, as WMP gets very picky about licences etc - this has bitten me in the past.

So my favourite Geeks - I'm sure this is simple - please let me know.

Jonesey

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________

Solved guys - Computer Management > Disk Management > Changed E to F, D to E, finally F to D

Easy really........ :)

Edited by Jonesey, 12 May 2009 - 02:22 PM.

Advertisements