Doubleclick removal [Closed]
Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:17 PM
Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:52 PM
Welcome to Geekstogo.
You may have used Malwarebytes before. If you have, and still have it on your machine, please update and run. Post the scan report back here.
If you do not have Malwarebytes please download from Here or Here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
- Hijackthis log
- MBAM scan results
Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:35 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users