Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox - Hit Again!

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Tuesday 10 May 05

Looks like they have a problem again. Read artical here :

Critical flaws found in Firefox

The Mozilla Foundation has said it is "working aggressively" to fix two flaws in its open source Firefox browser.

The vulnerabilities, reported on Saturday, were identified as "very critical", but no cases had been reported of them being exploited.

Several security firms identified the flaws which could let websites run malicious code on a person's computer.

Mozilla has responded by changing its update service and says people should temporarily turn off JavaScript code.

FF is still the best.

Ron

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Netscape, Mozilla Suite, K-Meleon, and Doczilla are also effected.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Believe they all basically use the same engine. That would do it. News about this seems to be spreading. Several people already sent this information to CIGHTML group.

I haven't disabled javascript yet and not sure I'm going to bother.

Ron

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I've just been useing Opera for time being. :tazz: