Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can i install windows xp pro online?

• Please log in to reply

soumikcha

soumikcha

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi i had to recover my PC now i have windows xp sp2. i dont have the windows xp pro cd so is there any way i can download it online or useing my laptop to desktop

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No way and if you could it would be illegal. If your system had XP PRO how did XP Home get on it?

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
A plausible answer and since we don't have all the facts here i'd go with rshaffer61.

I know some people (including my self) have lost cd media before but have a valid key for the OS you wish to load on to your system. If you have your key call up MS and see if they would send you new media. If they can't do that then borrow a retail copy, use your key. I have done the a few times. Then I imaged the media to my HD for a backup.

But in the context of what the OP stated the way you want to do it is illegal.