Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failing PSU?

• Please log in to reply

deejaykelly

deejaykelly

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,
Over the past few days, when I've come to turn my computer on I press the power button as usual but the computer won't turn on. The fans spin for a split second and the power LED continues to stay illuminated but thats it. The first day this occured I turned the I/O switch on and off on the back of the PSU, attempted to turn the computer on again and after a few cycles of this process my computer powered up as normal. Over the past few days this has progressively got worse like for instance today it took about 15-20 attempts to get the computer to power up. Once the computer powers up everything runs fine with no issues, I have temperature monitoring software installed on my computer and none of components are too hot either.

Any help would be much appreciated because I'm a little puzzled on this one and would prefer not to fork out for anything new until I've got a good idea what the problem might be.
Thanks

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Seems like a loose Power switch. If you know someone who can check your switch, tell them to make sure all connections are in place. If the cables are connected, then it could be a defective case switch.

From what I have saw in the past, it may be a faulty power supply. Replacing the power supply should be fairly easy to do.