Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What motherboard do i need

• Please log in to reply

torres76

torres76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone i have a dell dimension 9200 i need to upgrade the motherboard and memory, i have used everest to find out the hardware details of my system but all it says is motherboard type is DellDell-DXP061 (DMI) i found a site that scans your computer and tells you what memory to buy but if i upgrade my motherboard will all my other stuff still work sound card, graphics card, tv card, memory ??? Dell dont sell motherboards as they say it is not a good idea to upgrade them.
My computer keeps blue screening so far i have changed the harddrive and dvd drive but it still plays up sometimes.

Also my screen keeps blue screening with errors like kernale impage error and things like that.

Edited by torres76, 14 May 2009 - 07:07 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
First off have you checked the board for bulged capacitors... they are the little cans on the board. you might just have a software issue as well have you tried reinstalling windows? Dells can be hard to get replacement boards for as they often are proprietary to the cases they come in. If i get a minute or two I'll see if I can find what kind of board that uses...

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Here is what I found by putting in you model dell...

you can get the boards here:

http://www.powerbrix...200-p-7519.html

http://www.ascendtec...M...amp;eq=&Tp=

Note I have not used either of these companies so cannot endorse or recommend them, however they seem to have the part you are looking for...

Note without replacing with an exact replacement board and recovery disks you have will probably not work and your Windows license may also be voided...