Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can ATF be safely used on Vista?

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hello Everybody,

I hope this isn't a stupid question. Can I use ATF cleaner safely on Vista without messing something up? It seemed to work fine in my XP virtual machine.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Yes you can. You must right click on the shortcut or program icon and click Run as Administrator. If you get prompted for password, then enter one. It should work perfectly fine. :)

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Ok, Thanks!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Unlike some other commands, I don't have to run it as Administrator - it may depend on how your account is set up. It does know the difference between XP and Vista - my version actually reads "ATF Cleaner for Windows Vista" at the top.