As I was pushing the cable connector into the device, I saw a small electrical spark in the slot of the device. I continued to push in the cable until it was fully connected. I went about looking at the contents of the device (applications, etc.); but never actually tried to transfer anything to it. I safely removed the device, but never actually tested it to see if it worked correctly.
My questions are:
1) Could this spark have any ill effects on the device and/or the computer? Or am I just looking too much into it?
2) Is there an actual correct order in which someone should connect a USB device to his or her computer? If so, is there a reason why?
Note: I have always connected the cable to a device first, and then to the computer; however, I did the opposite as the picture instructions showed otherwise.