Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is an upgrade possible on my system?

• Please log in to reply

krice0424

krice0424

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2060CDS laptop running Windows 2000 SP4. Its a bit slow and I cant watch videos online. Im trying to find a way to upgrade, hopefully, to Windows xp pro. I dont have the disk, is it possible to do without the disk? I just need to speed this thing up basically.
Thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE to see the full specs on your Toshiba.
I don't think you are going to be able to run XP on it as the total maximum memory it can support is 160 megs and XP requires a minimum of 256

If you want to increase your Toshiba to the max amount of memory please:

Go HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I am with Rshaffer61 on this one. The specs are way to low to even attempt it.
The processor is 366mhz and the hard drive is 4.2gb

If its crawling now, it will be worse with XP.

You can attempt new ram. That is a start, then a general overall cleanup of temp file and cache files. also looking at what is running in the background.
We can help you with that if needed.

krice0424

krice0424

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ill work on getting some more memory then. Thanks for the help.