Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

norton antivirus

• Please log in to reply

chrissy1

chrissy1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had Norton preinstalled with the BT package i contracted to.....now i want to uninstall but can't.....Downloaded the removal tool but the exe file only flashed up on screen and only extracted around 20%...clicked on icon again and it said that another instance of programme or repair tool was already running.....All that is listed in the Add/Remove is a listing for Liveupdate Notice...when i try to remove it says cannot be removed at this time......

Downloaded Revo uninstaller and showed the Liveupdate Notice and a listing for Symantec support web controls....clicked to uninstall and Revo said it was uninstalled...but could not uninstall the Liveupdate......Then i noticed that the Norton icons had gone from the systemtray....anyway i rebooted and there they were again up and running....tearing my hair out trying to get rid of Norton but it won't go away....Help!!! :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that says Norton or Symantec
Click Apply and then OK and Restart.
When Windows restarts you will get the MSconfig popup. To stop it from coming up everytime you reboot just click on the little box that says {b] Don not show or run msconfig utility on startup[/b]

Then go into Safe Mode and run Revo Uninstaller again.
Reply back with your results.