Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A little help on this!

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey there guys im here again needing some help, im using a windows original and all that stuff but i uninstalled everything i dont need so when i try to activate the bar of my msn so everyone from msn can see what im listening to but when i do that it wont work because i need to install Windows Media Player ill show u a picture so u can have an idea of what im saying:

Posted Image

Now, u see that little message next to my msn well thats my little problem so here my smart question , is there anyway to download a plugin or something that works as if i had installed Windows Media Player instead of installing the whole software ?
there might be a way to do this or a codec something i just need some advices or ideas to get through this.
Thnx. :)

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You might as well download Windows Media Player 9. There might be a plugin, but upgrading your Media Player is always recommended.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
but what trying to say is ,if there is some plugin that can replace that software as i had installed Media Player

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
http://msn-errors.bl...senger-now.html
Read that, and you should be g2g.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
ya but thats not gonna help me i dont use windows media player to play my songs i use AIMP and i already have the plugin for my msn + my AIMP im just saying that if i dont install windows media player i wont be able to show what im listening to in my msn bar because i need windows media player as well so i just wanna know is u guys know a plugin or something instead of installing the whole software

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I don't think there is a plugin available without installing the WMP core files along with it. The easiest way to go about this problem would be to install WMP9. I am sure that you need to install WMP 9 to allow MSN to allow the "Now Playing" function.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey thnx for everything i just downloaded the software WM9 and now it works perfectly .

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Great!
Good to see this issue resolved! :)
Hope to see you around again.