Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need a SATA driver for a Toshiba G55-Q804 XP

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just bought a brand new Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop. It comes with windows vista on it and I am going to roll it back to XP. I understand what needs to be done in terms of drivers and sata. I cannot find a sata driver to slipstream into xp for the laptop. If anyone can help locate one, I will forever be debted to you.

The rest of the drivers I have, just need the Sata driver for XP for this laptop.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any drives you need will be on the Toshiba website for that model.
You may need to go into BIOS and change the SATA type from RAID/AHCI to IDE/Legacy mode, if such an option exists.

http://www.csd.toshi...elFamily=804517 is where all the drivers will be. The lack of an F6 driver would suggest an option is available in the BIOS for the SATA type.