Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to reduce WMV video file size before burning into DVD?

• Please log in to reply

adai2020

adai2020

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi all,

I need some help with regards to the following issues in video editing and burning:

1) Can you suggest a good and free video editing software which can also preferably directly handle various types of raw input video format such as MPEG2 ?

2) My videos are in the format of MPEG2, and they have a large file size. So i normally convert them to WMV or AVI format resulting in smaller file size. I use these smaller file sizes for editing and burning into DVD. Hence can you suggest a suitable converter to convert the videos between different formats such as converting from MPEG2/MPEG to WMV/AVI ?

3) I realized that even after converting my video files to WMV format the file sizes are still quite considerably large. Is there any software that i can use to compress the video to obtain a smaller video file size without compromising too much on its video quality ? I want to compress the video files without compromising excessively on its video quality so that i can burn them onto DVD's and watch it using television.

Thanks.

Advertisements