Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google, iTunes, and BSODS

• Please log in to reply

Virus_Magnet

Virus_Magnet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have encountered three possible acts of viruses on my computer:

1. The Google redirect virus, 75% of the links I click on from Google Results leads me to advertisements (homes, search engines, products, etc.).I have to click on the link 4 or 6 times before I can actually get to the site. The site it goes most often to is "mydealhero" or something similar.
2. Even when I close iTunes, it reopens itself, again and again and again, possible 3 or 4 times before it actually stops.
3. BSODs from unplugging a USB extension cable (computer just woke from Hibernate) that was not in use, right clicking iTunes in system tray, clicking on the start button, and once from unplugging my iPod from charging (computer had been on for half an hour).

If you need the logs, tell me, and I can send it as soon as possible.
Here is a list of Viruses I found with my last scan:
TrojanHorse Agent2.GUF
TrojanHorse SHeur2.ASE
Worm/Autorun

Edited by Virus_Magnet, 15 May 2009 - 09:15 AM.

Advertisements