Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver set?

• Please log in to reply

ReKay

ReKay

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I hope this is the right forum to post this in. Any way I recently bought a used e4100 gateway and the previous owner wiped the harddrive so that I wouldn't have their information. Everything seemed to work fine and I put in a new audio card because i noticed the built in one did not work. But as it turns out, More than just the audio controllers did not seem to work. My etherent is what I really need. Where can I find the drivers? Here are some pics of the driver managing.

http://s177.photobuc...current=shg.jpg
http://s177.photobuc...urrent=yeah.jpg

please help

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE to get all the original Drivers that were installed by Gateway when the system was brand new.
Please let me know if this helps. :)

Edited by rshaffer61, 15 May 2009 - 09:52 AM.

ReKay

ReKay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That Fixed A Lot! :)
Thanks!
Only thing left that is Unknown is the PCI modem. What is that? Do I need it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
PCI Modem is the Modem that is installed for the old dial up internet access.
You do not need that if you use broadband internet access. The site I gave you should have the driver for the modem. If you install it then all your issues should be corrected.

gajendra99

gajendra99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all, i have got a chinese motherboard.
now i need to format it but when i checked its driver CD, the CD was showing all its components which wre found in a normal driver CD but it was not getting autoplay.
can anybody suggest how will that CD run on my system. My system is in need of a format bit i cannot do the same because of the above problem.
also if i have replied to a wrong forum then please correct me as i ma new to this site.
thanks in advance
cheers...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are in the right forum gajendra99

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
A Tech Staff member will help you as soon as one becomes clear. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :)

ReKay

ReKay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

PCI Modem is the Modem that is installed for the old dial up internet access.
You do not need that if you use broadband internet access. The site I gave you should have the driver for the modem. If you install it then all your issues should be corrected.

Ok thanks. I use broadband so no use looking for something I don't need for now. Thanks a bunch :) :) :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So everything else is now working correctly for you then. :) With that I am very happy to be able to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible