Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geforce 9800 gtx - no signal issue

• Please log in to reply

legendracer

legendracer

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi there

You guys have saved my pc twice from infections so thought i'd ask for your advice on here.

I've just bought an xfx 9800gtx for my pc. I made sure as best i could my pc could cope

My Spec is a Dual Core Pentium 2.13
550w psu
ASUS P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE PCI Mainboard
2GB Ram
Currently got two 7600 gts in

I installed the card and the first thing i notice was that i only had one 6 pin's power supply to plug in when there are two holes in the card. Do i need two cables coming from my PSU

Turned the computer on and theres a red light coming out the back of the card, read on some forums its meant to be green so think this shows that theres an issue.

When turned on there is no signal being given to the monitor but the pc is running fine i can hear it.

I had the same problem when trying to install to 1gb ram stick. No signal to the monitor, I then reverted back to just my orignal 2gb of ram and it was fine. Same with the graphics card, put both my 7600 gts back in and all is running fine.

Just looking for any reasons really why the card seems to be not working

Thanks very much in advance
Ali

Advertisements

legendracer

legendracer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks for getting back

I think the def issue is not having two 6 pin pci connectors going in. However I'm looking at all these higher powered supply unit all have just one 6 pin connection. How do i get two use a converter for two of the four pin connectors maybe?

Nothings simple with Pc's is it :) :) :)

Cheers