Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp freezing issue

• Please log in to reply

chrisjwu

chrisjwu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello I am new to the online help forums.
I have a friends computer I am looking at he has a
Emachine w3622
windows xp
intell celeron cpu
420 @ 1.60ghz 1.60 Ghz, 504 mb of Ram
here is the problem its you turn it on and it goes to windows perfectly but then is where it goes bad. it freezes with in 30 seconds causing you to have to reboot.
I am able to get into safe mode. and change his start up options to the only things booting up are window based programs only. deleted a few fluff programs (mainly a few antivirus programs that test your hard drive for virus , trojans and they say they find it but you never know unless but the software.)
I have used the rc .iso file to check disk whick came out with no error and then I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic from Windows Memory Diagnostic. and I let it go pass the 6 tests 4 times and no problems found.

he did install worlds of warcraft on his pc a week prior to the problem so I can't think it would be the game but I truly don't know.
anyway any help you can give me to help fix the computer will be greatly appricated...
thank you sincerely
chris

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
With eMachines, first thing to do is to replace power supply. It may be your problem.