Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

transferring mini dvd's to PC

• Please log in to reply

jesse09119

jesse09119

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a hitachi dz-gx5020a mini dvd camcorder. i am trying to take the videos from those DVD's and transfer them to my hardrive and edit them using windows movie maker(only because I have it already) problem is movie maker doesn't recognize the .VOB file format I've tried some free converters but I'm just guessing hoping for a miracle to work out. Help please.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did the hitachi come with any software to do this with? can the camera hook up to your computer on it's own?

another option is MediaCoder (google it)...you can transcode the DVD direct to WMV or AVI so that windows movie maker can handle them

jesse09119

jesse09119

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No software came with the Hitachi when it was purchased, I checked with the manufacturer. There is a cable to hook up to the PC, but it's missing. i could probably purchase a new one but I am afraid that I'll still have to convert the file formatts, which is the problem here. I'll try that program suggested and check back and let you know how I did. thanks alot

jesse09119

jesse09119

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I downloaded the audio version let didn't work out for me. let me try the full version

jesse09119

jesse09119

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thats not working, maybe I'm not using the program correctly?