Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EWPCore error

• Please log in to reply

tjzahn

tjzahn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I originally got this error about 1 year ago, and then it went away for @6months. Now it is back and pops up pretty much every day. The error is "EWPCore SetImportedfunctionsfailed in EC_EWPCoreImpl::OnLibraryLoaded". I will sometimes get an additional error "Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library". I use Internet Explorer8 and XP with servicepack3. I can close the error box but it will immediately pop back up. It won't let me close any current web pages so I have to just sit and wait, sometimes up to an hour. From what I've read this could be malware. I do have a canon printer and have tried the fixes related to it, but it hasn't worked. I currently use WindowsLive OneCare and Registry Mechanic, and I can't keep subscribing to products that may or may not fix the problem. This is my first time in a forum, so if you need more info let me know. Thanks

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have Canon Easy Web Print add-on for IE...if so ...
Disable the Easy-WebPrint add-on in IE7....
launch IE7...tools...manage add-ons....enable or disable add-ons....select easy WebPrint...Under user setting
Click the Disable button and OK
Go to remove program tools in the control panel and remove Easy-WebPrint from here also.
Restart the computer

Edited by happyrock, 15 May 2009 - 04:42 PM.