Can't connect using wireless networking
Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:26 PM
Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:19 AM
What steps have you taken to setup your laptop? I would strongly recommend that you take a peek at SpaceCowboy's tutorial, and verify that you have taken the appropriate steps -- Wireless Home Network OS Setup.
If you believe that you have indeed done these steps and you still can not connect to the Internet, please do the following on your laptop.
Step 1 - Connectivity test:
- Press Start
- Select Run
- Type cmd and press OK
- In the new command prompt window, please type the following commands (*Note: each ping will take approximately 10 seconds to complete; wait for the command prompt to return before you type the next one. Also, the single '>' and double '>>' are intentional; please type the commands exactly as they appear):
- ipconfig /all > C:\results.txt
- route print >> C:\results.txt
- ping 127.0.0.1 >> C:\results.txt
- ping google.com >> C:\results.txt
- ping 18.104.22.168 >> C:\results.txt
- Once the above commands have completed, navigate to your C: drive and open the text file results.txt -- please copy/paste the contents of this file into your next response.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users