Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Foward Emails In WLM

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Just installed WLM (so have both OE6 and WLM installed) and am trying to forward all my emails to one account within WLM.

Have several 'email accounts' ... email addresses ... and want to 'direct then all to one account/address.

Let me explain:
(Have used OE6 for several years and can achieve this just by adding accounts to the default account - [email protected])

Thought this was a slam-dunk by just defining a message rule that any email with a TO address of bbb.com would be forwarded to aaa.com ... but doesn't work.

Is there a way to do this - or am I out of luck in WLM?

Advertisements

911pchelp

911pchelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Someone else may be interested in a response (so I'll leave this here - unanswered) ... but I'm no longer awaiting a response -- have uninstalled WLM and will continue to use OE6 (at least until I get a new PC with Windows 7 and am forced into using WLM). The following is only for those really interested ... I'm using this to blow off some steam.

FLAME ON

What I didn't mention previously was how SLOW WLM is in handling my contacts - and what it did to my address book.

(Waited until SP3 was successfully installed - then I installed WLM ... expecting that I'd have to move to WLM sooner or later. BTW: my PC is a few years old - a DELL Dimension 4300, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB ram, 320GB HDD with a 2nd drive of 120GB and running XP SP3)

SLOWness and how WLM mistreated my Address Book
I tried 4 times to 'copy' my address book from OE6:
  • Automatically when WLM first started
  • in WLM by FILE->IMPORT from 'Another email client' ... OE in this case
  • after exporting a .csv from OE then importing into WLM
  • after creating (exporting) a .WAB from OE then importing into WLM
The resulting Contact list after #s 1, 2, & 4 had MANY duplicate addresses ... for most there were 5 duplicates each, making the list huge (1500+ contacts -- actually only have ~460). Tried deleting individually but was taking 'forever', so tried deleting all at once - resulted in WLM Not Responding and had to cancel after 30 mins. Finally deleted 40 or 50 at a time ... this took a little less than 'forever'.

# 3 seemed to create a good contact list but took 40 minutes to process 200 contacts so I stopped it.
During each try (except #1 - didn't watch), WLM used 88% - 96% of my CPU processing - UNREASONABLE.

Oh, in case you're wondering, I been using OE6 fo0r over 4 years and have had NO problems.

My wife has a laptop with VISTA ... I loaded WLM and copied (imported) my OE Addresses via a flash drive using .csv - worked fine - speed reasonable.

Maybe the slowness was because both OE and WLM were on my PC, but I wasn't about to take the chance of removing OE when WLM may not have done the job anyway ... the reason for my initial question.

There are few 'improvements' in WLM that I can't live without ... and several 'features' that are questionable but I hope, by the time I get a new PC, there will be some tips on the internet.

FLAME OFF