Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with monitoring network traffic

• Please log in to reply

absolute shady

absolute shady

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Is there a way where i can find which program or a service is currently using the internet/network IO.

I know there is something behing the scences thats keeps on sending/receiving data from the internet.

I know its not a virus/spyware (i have a lot of expertise with malicious program, i believe)

I have ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.0.483.000.
I donot know know which program is using the internet.

a scenario : am connected to the internet, there is no process in the taskmanager which can consume internet(as far as my personal programs).
May be the svchost is trying somethin ??
my au update is turned off . i've thought in all dimensions i know.

i have process explorer v 11.33, which i delved in , but i cant figure out.

i tried netstat, tasklist with possible switches, i dont know .

Or is there any firewall, software whci does the work for me.
all i wanna know is whcih exe/service is using Network IO.

Help Please !

Advertisements

absolute shady

absolute shady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
am sossy i forget to tell you. If there is no program running on the taskmanager which is connected to internet, find the double-computer icon/ network properties icon at the system tray showing the blue lights, also it sends and receives something at the rate of DL rate : aprox 2KBPS(fluctuating).