Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

***.exe is not a valid win32 application

• Please log in to reply

shodwb

shodwb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
.....and how do i do that??? i know a fair bit about computers but ive never done it before, i could probably work it out, but id like a step by step to make sure i dont completely screw it up, as it isnt my laptop.

though i think i will try the XP CD fix that Broni suggested, if that doesnt work ill do your way:D

Cheers
Shodwb

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You can try my solution first, and if it doesn't work....creating new profile is fairly easy: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the down side if you do the sfc /scannow .......you WILL have to get all the updates all over again...

shodwb

shodwb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
You guys are genius's:D, the XP disk thing didnt work, couldnt find a correct version of XP, so i did the copy and paste the user thing and it fixed it right up:D, now ill just move across the outlook files and ill be good,

You guys are the best and helped me a lot, couldnt have done it without you:D

Cheers
Shodwb

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)

shodwb

shodwb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i managed to create the new profile fine, however i cant manage to import the settings from microsoft oulook 2003, i tried following the link that broni gave me for creating the new account and that worked but the link on it to helping me import the files for outlook wouldnt work, i assume thats cos its a different version, sorry for being a pain when i thought it was finished:(

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry...someone else will have to help with your issues with microsoft oulook 2003...I have not used outlook in the last 6 years and anything I knew back then is long gone from my mind... :)

Edited by happyrock, 18 May 2009 - 05:45 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'm not Outlook user, either, so you may actually start a new topic on it. Provide a link to this thread.