Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA Primary drive 0 not found

• Please log in to reply

hjgreene

hjgreene

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I'm new as I said, and while my husband says I a 'user' of computers; I'm not as unsavy that I think the cd tray is a cup holder. Any way, out of the blue during a typical morning boot our 6 year ol.d Dell PC with 2 (5 month old) new hard drives gives me this error message:
"SATA Primary drive 0 not found" I'm thinking the computer is dead.
When I push F1 I get squat; when I hit F2 I get the set up menu but I haven't a clue what to do there.
I tried using the suggestions given another person who was having the same issues to no avail.
Our regular computer repair person is MIA.
With simple instruction suitable for a 'user' such as myself could you guide me through a fix?
Thanks so very much for your time.
hjgreene

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Dead hard drive.
If the machine is still in warranty (which I should hope it is after only five months) take it back to Dell.