Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hibernation Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
For a few days now, my computer is acting strange. Every time I try to resume after hibernation, the computer wont resume.

I have a sleep key on my keyboard, which I always use, and it gets the PC into hibernate mode, every time I try to resume from hibernation, I either flick the mouse, or left click the mouse, or use the "wake up" key on the keyboard. Once I do that, there is a single beep sound, and the computer resumes.

Right now, the computer hibernate as usual, but once I use any option to resume, I hear 4 beeping sounds, and the fans turn on and the computer sounds like is going to resume, but my monitor stays off, with no signal from the PC.

I tried clicking the sleep key to see if the computer would just hibernate again, and it doesn't. I tried clicking on a single key over and over, and nothing happens. (I try that, because once the computer is starting, if I press a key over and over, after a few times, anytime I press a key I hear a beeping sound, but that did not happen here).

So then I have to shut down the PC and turn on again. However today instead of just press the shut down button on my PC, I try the on on top that is a reset one, and then I press the shut down one, and I thought it was turning off, and turning on again, but instead, it just resume the windows normally. So I'll probable be doing this until we figure it out whats the problem.

As you can see, I did turn the PC off before, but the problem persisted. So restarting the computer does not solve the problem.

I have:
XP professional version 2002, with service pack 3 installed
Intel Motherboard ASUS P5L MX 945P, onboard video, PCI express, DDR2, sound 1gb lan

If any other info is needed I'll be happy to provide.

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If this is NOT a laptop, forget any Windows power saving features.
Never worked perfectly, and they won't in my life time (as far as my crystal ball tells me :))