Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking a good Laptop Cooler

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
HI there guys, i was wonder if u can help me with this issue, im looking for a good cooler to be honest the best well depending on the price well i have an old laptop DELL B130 INSPIRON right so im looking for a good cooler that reduces the temperature down while playing games so i would like to receive some good advices where to buy it , how much is it , if it's a good one and so on
as a matter of fact i found this :

http://www.newegg.co...st....410 - $25

i read the comments and they are pretty much believable but the reason why im here is cuz U GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS so give me a hand on this alright. THANK U SO MUCH AND HAVE A NICE DAY

NOTE: i will appreciate if u guys can find something cheap and good at the same time. :)

Edited by brady1988, 19 May 2009 - 11:49 AM.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Your link is broken...I personally don't use any, but my mom has used 5 of the Antecs for various laptops around the house and office and they have been working great for around 3 years or so.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 18 May 2009 - 07:25 PM.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
im sorry already fixed the link thnx

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can someone help me pls.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Something like a laptop cooler really comes down to personal preference. It's not like we can tell you which is going to work the best with your notebook, in your unique situation. That being said, my preference is for laptop coolers that are passive, and not powered by USB. The fans add unnecessary noise, and drain battery life if not running on AC. There's also the cord to mess with, and it occupies a USB slot.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
okay i get it, but hey i have a concern my laptop doenst have more wholes to insert another USB cable so i will appreciate if u guys tell me where can i find a laptop cooler to plug it in it doesnt have to be with USB just to plug it in.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Both of htese are passive coolers:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834998917
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834981012

Also, the Antec that I mentioned has USB pass through, so you don't lose the port. It just pulls power from it and you can still attach stuff to the port.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yeah but are those even laptop coolers? anyway what im saying is a laptop cooler that has a wire to plug into the socket not USB cuz my laptop doesnt have more wholes for an extra USB u know what im saying thank you.

Edited by brady1988, 21 May 2009 - 02:01 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi

you could go to any Target or Walmart store and find one like this...

Posted Image

here is a link to Target website where you can get it, but its just as easy to go to the stores and pick one out. Target site

Like already stated above its very hard for us to tell you what cooler will work best for your needs.

good luck :)

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
but! u didnt specify if that has USB which i dont want i need one to plug it into my socket a wire.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

but! u didnt specify if that has USB which i dont want i need one to plug it into my socket a wire.

I don't think they make laptop coolers that plug into the wall, if that's what you mean. This is one that is very similar to what I use HERE

It says it has 2 usb ports on the cooler, so you can hook your other devices to those, and use one of your usb ports on your laptop for the cooler. I don't know if the fans are silent on this one. The one I use actually has one giant fan that was advertised as being silent, and actually is silent. Apparently, they don't carry that one anymore, and I don't know the name brand, sorry.

Hope that helps.