Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

online calandar, help creating one please?

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hi there, let me start by saying I am computer lit, but not greatly, when it comes to web design, i mostly do from cut and paste of html, javascript and use of dreamweaver, my site is www.leedslgbtstudents.co.uk

Basically I need to update my website, I run a small university society, we have no money so hiring is kind of out of the question.
no one else on the committee of my society know how to use html let alone how to upload it. this has caused the prob that I always have to upload event details

what I am trying to create is an online calandar that does the following.

1. displays the full year but with a box for each day, 7 columns (for the days of the week)
2. that automatically deletes days that have elapsed
3. that has an online event submitted that has multiple log ins
4. that events submitted can be colour co-ordinated based on a grouping of events (i.e. when we have a solid week of related events)
5. where a mouse over the text reveals the details including time, place, event description and a picture!
6. where events can be edited
7. where automatic emails can be sent to a mailing list in hotmail within a set time before an event

any ideas?

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Best bet is to get one that is already designed. I would do a search at HotScripts.com for calendars and take the time to browse through the multitudes that will display and pick the ones that suit your needs. Many will be free, so again, it's a matter of testing them out and seeing if they work for you.

Lot's of folks have done the work already, it's no shame to take advantage of that.

Good luck!

gistek

gistek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just googled "online calendar" and it looks like http://www.calendars.net/ might offer most of what you want.

If you don't mind not having the year view, you could try Google calendars. It has the advantage of being able to overlay several calendars. You can also set several levels of permissions for people to view, edit, and manage the calendar.