Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reinstall of XP - drivers needed?

• Please log in to reply

Danstar10

Danstar10

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi all,

I am about to reinstall XP on a Toshiba Satellite A60-672 Laptop and am wondering if once it is done i will need any sound / motherboard / display drivers etc.

I only ask as I reninstalled XP on my desktop recently and it came with a Driver CD which had a load of stuff on which i needed to run after install, and I dont have anything like that for the laptop.

Cheers

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and download ALL your drivers for your make and model number and burn them to cd...then after installing windows go to the device manager and update anything with a yellow ! or ? mark...just have the cd in the cd drive when you do this...

Edited by happyrock, 19 May 2009 - 09:33 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Why not to use DriverMax: http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/ to back up existing drivers now?