Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3D Rage Pro AGP 2X

• Please log in to reply

woodworks

woodworks

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
I'm having problems with my

ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage PRO AGP 2X

I doesn't seem to be working.

I've tried to find it and can't seem to find anywhere I can get a free d/l. I'm not sure if I just need the driver, or what.

In device manager it has a yellow mark beside of it.

Thank you for any help in fixing this.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and look for this

File Name
wxp-j5-30-1-b02.exe This is your driver it will be located right above the link below and is in very small print:

* Before downloading the ATI Driver, click here to fix driver related errors

Edited by rshaffer61, 19 May 2009 - 07:22 AM.

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Well if I followed you correctly, it led me here...

http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx

I have no clue what I am supposed to highlight in these. I didn't see anything to click on in order to run anything or install what I need. If you don't mind, can you tell me what I'm supposed to highlight in each box? I looked, but didn't see or didn't know what to do next.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by woodworks, 19 May 2009 - 08:22 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not sure why it went to that page as that is not the page I posted.
Try HERE
Click on The "Download" button and you should get your driver with no problem then

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
I really hate to be a pain. You've been good enough to help and I keep getting confused.

Am I supposed to d/l and install the Driver Update Tool? That is what keeps coming up when I click on the download button.

I do know that before when I d/l driver detective and it did it's scan, it wouldn't update anything until after I paid for it.

Edited by woodworks, 19 May 2009 - 10:57 AM.

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Ok, I've d/l two of these tools and I have to pay in order to update. So do you know where I can get any free drivers???

According to the scans, I have a bunch of drivers that need updated. I don't have the money to pay for them.

Thank you for all of your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok I downloaded the file and have uploaded HERE
Please click on the file that starts with
wxp-j5-30=1=b02.exe

This is the driver. I installed it on my system and there is the driver there. Please let me know how it goes.

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
First, thank you very much for all the effort and time you have put into this for me. It is most appreciated.

Second, I see the file wxd-i5-30-1-b02.exe

That is different then the file you have stated above. Does it matter?

Again, thank you so much for the extra effort you are putting into this.

Jay

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is the same file. Eyesight not what it use to be. :)

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

That is the same file. Eyesight not what it use to be. :)

lol
I'm sorry to inform you, it doesn't stop at the eyesight. Sometimes I have to say, what?

Well that seemed to have caused the yellow mark to disapear. I have some other issues that I will address in other post's. I will have to do another scan and find them again. There seemed to be a lot of red x's when I did the last scan.

At least this one is fixed now.

Thank you again. You help is always appreciated and welcomed.

Take care and have a nice day

Jay

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can continue here without opening another Topic. We will handle everything through this topic if you would like. :)

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Yes that is ok with me. I will have to do a scan and such and then post them. I'm a bit busy right now, but I will get back in here asap.

As I've said, thank you again for your help. It's good to have some place to go and know that there are people willing to help and have the knowledge to get things fixed.

I'll be talking with you before too long.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and I appreciate the kind words as I know the rest of the staff here at GTG :) does also. I will continue to monitor this topic and await your next post. The only topics that cannot be posted here are the Malware and Virus issues as they have a specific area and Techs for that. I am happy to be able to say this about the original issue in question:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible