Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

use of chat pop ups for increasing sales

• Please log in to reply

JoeH

JoeH

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello..............

I have been looking for ways to increase my conversion rates (www.candylandcrafts.com), and would like to hear anyone's opinion about the use of a "Chat Service" (basically a per order service, like an affiliate). When
someone who is at your web site, chooses to leave, without placing an order, a window pops up with a live operator available to try to "save the day" and convert that visitor to order.

The pop up window might say "Hi I"m Alice, I see you're leaving, but I can get you 10% off an order today on our latest special, etc etc" The visitor could then click on the link and have a 2 way text message with Alice.

If the visitor gives an order, then the site owner pays a commission to the Chat Service.

They claim 10% to 15% increase in sales.

Here's an example, go to: www.truecredit.com then just leave the site

You can have the chat pop up appear anywhere in the cycle ie: if someone puts something in your shopping cart, but then chooses to leave the cart without finishing the sale,etc

It is strictly a commission based service. Pay only when they get an actual order. Think of it just like an affiliate.

I kind of liken the approach to a more sophisticated kind of spam. That kind of stuff can also drive people away, and maybe for good.

But, I may be over reacting.

Anyone have any experience with this? Would appreciate any feedback at all!

Thanks
Joe Hussar
[email protected]
www.candylandcrafts.com/

Advertisements