Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files Not Opening

• Please log in to reply

shaly777

shaly777

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hello. I'm not really sure if this is where I should post this topic, but it's my best guess.
I am using Firefox and Yahoo! Mail.
I just noticed this morning that my files received from emails are not opening. Usually if I click on the file attachment name on the header of my email it automatically opens, but now I am getting a message asking me where I want to open it. That's unusual in and of itself, because it usually just automatically opens, but also, when I click browse to find what I want to use to open it, the right ones not even there.

Example: A power point came and I clicked on it in my email and it showed me the box with the options of what I want to open it with, but PowerPointViewer wasn't an option, so I doubleclicked browse and still it wasn't in my Program Files folder. So I downloaded it again. I saw it in my All Programs list on the start menu, but not in the Program Files folder. I'm confused. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

Advertisements