Hey humv -- welcome to G2G
I've got wired boradband at home.
If you hardwire your laptop directly into the router/modem (i.e. with an Ethernet cable) does it allow you to connect to the network?
my system catches the signal but it doesnt connect to internet. Whenever i try to connect, it comes up as unidentified network and limited connectivity.
Do you still get prompted to enter your passphrase? Or does it completely skip this step now and just show up as unidentified?
When did this issue start happening? Did you install any new software? Have you attempted a System Restore
to a point before this issue arose?
What's the make and model of your router and modem? When you attempt to connect via wireless, please do the following.Step 1 - Connectivity test:
- Select Start
- In the Start Search field type cmd -- right-click on the cmd program and choose Run as administrator
- In the new command prompt window, please type the following commands (*Note: each ping will take approximately 10 seconds to complete; wait for the command prompt to return before you type the next one. Also, the single '>' and double '>>' are intentional; please type the commands exactly as they appear):
- ipconfig /all > C:\results.txt
- route print >> C:\results.txt
- ping 127.0.0.1 >> C:\results.txt
- ping google.com >> C:\results.txt
- ping 126.96.36.199 >> C:\results.txt
- Once the above commands have completed, navigate to your C: drive and open the text file results.txt -- please copy/paste the contents of this file into your next response.