Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Essential Computer Reading

• Please log in to reply

epcomics

epcomics

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am vastly impressed with the level of knowledge on these boards and would love to be that computer savvy myself. Can anyone recommend some good books that will set me up with a basic computer knowledge. Please keep in mind that I am younger and have been using computers my whole life so I'm not a complete idiot.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Start reading up on the materials for your CompTIA A+ certification. :)

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
No books but I have 95 free videos that will greatly help. http://www.professor...o...ticle&id=43

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts

Start reading up on the materials for your CompTIA A+ certification. :)

I'm curious about this program. What kind of knowledge does it come with? I'm in the same boat as Epcomics - the only real computer knowledge I have is some basic computer knowledge along with more extensive programming experience.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I learned tonssss here on Geekstogo. However, any certification or degree program may be the best structure to learn from. I find a lot of "how to" videos and tutorials on youtube and I often read reviews from toms hardware online.

And if you are interested in Malware Removal, there is always Geek U.

Hope that helps!