Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who makes this great great apps?

• Please log in to reply

London Beat

London Beat

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,

I donīt understand why great forums like this recommend apps like Rooter.exe, OTListIt2, OTMoveIt3, ATF Cleaner, Combofix (my favorite) to clean oneīs PC, shouldnīt the best anti-virus be sufficient? The company's behind famous anti-virus make lots of money but when one gets nasty s virus mostly say that they canīt clean it and sometimes even didnīt detect the virus!!!! but when one seeks help in this kind of forums the greeeeaaaaat helpers recommend the not well known apps mentioned and they really are efficient and on top of that free!!!!

Who makes thatīs apps? whatīs their story?

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi London Beat,

The tools you have mentioned are made by experts in the malware community, and they often work as volunteer's through out the forums themselves. They design these tools based off of their knowledge, and expertise to make malware removal a little easier for all of us.

The reason the tools are not discussed out in the open, is so the bad guys can’t see what going on, but don’t worry... staff are trained well with theses tool and if need be we can chat with the creators if we have questions.

I hope that answers your questions, we really appreciate all the time and work the creators of these tools put in each day. :)

London Beat

London Beat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks

my curiosity is satisfied.

LONG LIVE THIS FORUMS AND HIS HELPERS!!!!! YOU ARE SOME OF MY HEROES!!