Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Saving a graphic as a JPG or JPEG file using PAINT

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
My W98 pc uses the application PAINT. When I try to save a graphic using PAINT I seem to be offered only extentions BMP and DIB, not JPEG or JPG.
Am I missing something? How can I save a graphic in JPEG -- to save an image with reasonable (unlike BMP) size? Or do I <have> to use a different app, not PAINT?

Advertisements

shbullets

shbullets

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hmm I don't know about your case, but does saving in a .PNG take up less space?

Maybe you should save it as a BMP but use an freeware image editor (I have one in my mind, but the name is slipping) to save it as a JPEG.

wm_hunter

wm_hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I highly recommend InfranView for a nice easy solution for you. Simply open the image {I recommend saving as PGN), and you can use the File->Save as menu to save as a JPG/JPEG. It is fully compatible with all Windows 9x operating systems.

hawklord

hawklord

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
you should have imaging (kodakimg.exe), if you have then you can open the .bmp with it and save it as .jpg

SanjitVigneshS

SanjitVigneshS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't think saving it as a bmp, then converting to png or jpg is a good idea. Image quality is lost while changing the formats.

Edited by SanjitVigneshS, 29 May 2009 - 07:57 AM.