Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting Windows XP Permissions

• Please log in to reply

humbleone

humbleone

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Can someone please help me? I have set up a computer for my family to use, but I don't want them messing w/ the anti virus on the windows xp home system. I've tried allowing and restricting some permissions, but now the anti virus will not work on their machine. Can someone please tell me what or where I can go to get the definitions/meanings of the permissions in the advanced mode of windows xp home edition? I want to be able to enable the anti virus at the same time of preventing them from tampering w/ it.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Give other family members a limited account, is the easiest thing to do. Playing with the permissions is potentially asking for trouble.