Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window unable to install on New Hard Disk Seagate 320GB

• Please log in to reply

fixitout

fixitout

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:)
On my New Sata 320GB Hard Disk, I am trying to run Win XP Setup. I also Formatted the hard disk partition when prompted, but after loading and copying the file, when window said Setup is now reboot your PC..

System reboots and hangs at Logo Screen, showing Window XP Logo with a Blue bar which scrolls for three times and hangs in between.

I have tried power off (as keyboard locks up at this stage) and then again start but it behave similarly.. :)

After this, I made another attempt to install any OS on my New SATA as well as New PATA 40GB Hard Disk, :)

Both stopped at the middle of window screen with a Blue Bar moving only three times on SATA and 5 times on PATA HDD. :)

This results are shocking to me, as I have tried other OS version, Viz. Win 2000, Win Home, even Win 98, but could not get rid off it.

I only have one HDD which is running properly on this system.

I have taken backup of my original OS installed HDD and restore it on the other HDD but no avails, it could not work as Active one.

Since the OS installed on old hard disk having very low space and is about to full. Showing me Low Disk Space pop up. :)

Tell me how can we move further.. :)

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
It may mean the hard drive is not connected correctly. Obviously there is an error somewhere.

Check here for install help

xtthew!

xtthew!

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I think it would be best if you took a look at your RAM for errors. Download memtest from HERE

Once you've downloaded it, Extract the file and burn it onto a disk. You can use imgburn, which you can get from HERE, to burn the file.

Keep the Disk in your computer and restart it. Boot from the Disk like you would with the XP setup disk. Let it run for a while to see if there are any errors with your RAM.

Edited by xtthew!, 23 May 2009 - 05:32 PM.

Deadly Whatever

Deadly Whatever

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Do you have the old HDD with Windows on it already, in your computer while your trying to install windows on the new one? If so, my guess is that windows is having troubles deciding which install to boot from. You could try removing the old HDD (assuming that you have the new and old in at the same time) and see if windows continues the install. But, no guarantees as this is only a guess.