Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Printing Problems XP / Vista

• Please log in to reply

BlueDargonFire

BlueDargonFire

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Im running a small buisness Wireless network runing 3 XP PC's and one newly acuired Vista PC.
After lots of fiting i finally managed to let all PC see eachother and all PC are printing to the B&W Printer.

However I have a colour printer directly conected to my Vista PC (working Properly) I added the printer as a network Printer on all XP PC's as well. non can print through the network. mostly theres no error message the document just sits in the printer que and never starts, somtimes when selecting print though it respondes after a while with the error message "Printer Responce not recived"

Any ideas?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi BlueDargonFire...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
try connecting the printer to the wireless router...

BlueDargonFire

BlueDargonFire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi happyrock

Im afraid i dont really understand what you mean.

Also my router is in a diferent office than the Vista System with the printer. and the printer is a USB only.

Or am i missing somthing?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
this may help...

BlueDargonFire

BlueDargonFire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Unfortunatly the printer is a USB only and there are other reasons for not conecting it directly to the router.
Also the printer has to stay in the Current Ofice conected to the Vista PC.

Any other Ideas?