Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot sign on to cpmputer

• Please log in to reply

SANDY740

SANDY740

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HOPE THIS IS DONE RIGHT. HERE GOES. MY DAUGHTER NEVER HAD INTERNET HOOKED TO HER COMPUTER UNTIL TWO DAYS AGE. HER AND SISTER HOOKED IT UP TO DIAL-UP CONNECTION. IT WORKERED WELL AT THAT TIME AND WHEN THEY SHUT DOWN. SHE UNPLUGEED COMPUNTER AND DID NOT USE IT FOR TWO DAYS, WHEN SHE SET BACK UP THE COMPUTER COMES RIGHT TO THE SCREEN THAT ASK FOR PASSWORD TO SIGN ONTO WINDOWS BUT WE CAN'T GET THE MOUSE OR KEY BOARD TO WORK. I'VE DID AND REDID ALL THE HOOK UPS, UNPLUGED FROM ELECTRIC , RESTARTED AND NOTHING WILL WORK. I BROUGHT MOUSE TO WORK AND TRIED ON MY COMPUTER AND IT WORKS. ANY HELP?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Is this a USB keyboard and mouse (rectangular plug)? If so, occasionally I have had to leave them alone for a while, while Windows goes about loading its drivers. THat or you may want to find an old style keyboard and mouse.
If it is not USB but instead the older plug styles (round plugs with little pins inside), then you may want to try a usb mouse and keyboard (but it may take upto 15minutes or more for windows to get through processing the new drivers).