Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another BSOD Error

• Please log in to reply

Potential

Potential

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay so I currently play world of warcraft and I tend to be getting many BSOD Errors: these include

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

THey weren't that bad originally and have recently got worse over the past 2 weeks, I have been told its something to do with Drivers and Ram Memory, however not being very experienced with computer problems, i really don't know what to do.

They tend to appear when I try to play wow and access the internet at the same time, sometimes it happens whilst just on the interne,t and sometimes it just randomly happens

thanks for the help

Nathan

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Memtest86+ is a comprehensive, stand-alone memory diagnostic tool. Basically, you need to put it to a diskette or cd to install the tool which will be later used to boot your computer and then perform the test....get it here
for floppy get the 6th one down...Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)
for the cd version get the 8th one down...Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

There are two ways to run Memtest86....

1. Using a floppy diskette.

Download Memtest86 then save it to your desktop.

Once download completes, right-click on memtest.zip
In the left hand column, click "Extract all Files". The Extraction Wizard will open.
Click Next, then extract to Desktop so you can easily locate it later.
Click ok.

Now to install the utility on a diskette.

Double-click on install.bat then follow the promps to create the bootable diskette.
Boot computer via floppy disk.
Once loaded, the test will automatically run itself.
let it run for at least 3 hours then note any error/messages you receive ...it will run until you press the ESC key

2. Using a cd.

Download Memtest86 then save it to your desktop.

Once download completes, right-click on memtest.iso.zip.
In the left hand column, click "Extract all Files". The Extraction Wizard will open.
Click Next, then extract to Desktop so you can easily locate it later.
Click ok.

Now "burn image" (memtest.iso) to a cd using Nero or any burning program you have that will burn .ISO files (image)
if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its rc.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....

Set the bios to boot computer using the CD drive...or floppy first...depending which version of memtest you got...
the test will automatically run itself as soon as you boot up
let it run for at least 3 hours then note any error/messages you receive ...it will run until you press the ESC key...if you want a thourogh test...let it run overnite...if you get ANY ERRORS you will have to replace the ram