Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost my theme :s

• Please log in to reply

Griffo2008

Griffo2008

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had the original theme that comes with Vista, but I started using skype and it said that it had a problem with the graphics of the application. I now can't switch windows using "windows + Tab" combination. It's not the end of the world, but I liked that feature and miss it lol. Also the "alt+tab" screen is different. I have been into themes in control panel and had a good look through it all, but can't seem to get it back. Any ideas?

Advertisements

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Hi there,

You need Windows Aero enabling for that function to work.....
Select Control panel > Under "Appearance and personalization" > select "Customize colors" > In new window select "Open classic appearance properties for more color options" > In new window select > Windows Aero > apply > ok.

Kev...

Griffo2008

Griffo2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply, but I've tried it, and there's no difference betweeen Windows Vista Theme and the Aero one.

Griffo2008

Griffo2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply, but I've tried it, and there's no difference betweeen Windows Vista Theme and the Aero one.

Griffo2008

Griffo2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Griffo2008

Griffo2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Thought that was your answer, sorry about that. If I turn Aero off I get the problem you describe, if I re-apply Aero it works fine. Try this site Here might help....

Kev..