Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is My Laptop Dying or Dead

• Please log in to reply

merelyanillusion

merelyanillusion

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My IBM 560X is throwing up the following error codes at start up.
Error 00161, 00163, 1101 and 1201.
The first two are the time and date, and although I alter then to the correct figures, they don't seem to hold.
The last two are showing up in Diagnostics as Parallel dev009, err01, fru0010, Serial dev 011, err10, fru0010, and Infra Red dev103, err08, and fru0010.
Then the system kicks in with W98 as normal, but when I check in System it tells me that all the ports are working normally.
I also have difficulty in accessing Diagnostics to test the system.
I wondered if removing the Windows System and reinstalling a fresh instal would work, or am I wasting my time.
Is this perhaps a money repair time, or the bin time.

Advertisements

jchaike

jchaike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< I only got two of those errors that you mentioned before. I got error 00161 and 00163. Can you please tell me how to fix those.

THANKS,
JCHAIKE

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried a repair installation of windows xp verses just clean installing it which would wipe out all your data?