Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hal.dll

• Please log in to reply

shireman

shireman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help my HP laptop will not boot it says hal.dll is missing or corrupt.... i changed the boot up to my CD and put the recover disk that came with my HP and it ran differnt DHCF ...with a bar flipping then says runs PXE-2.0 then after 4 dots exits PXE.ROM to the safe window bootup which says in about 2 min HAL.Dll is missing ect

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD, and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, which is not listed, try using Hitachi tools.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you have your Windows CD, then click on "Repair Common Windows Startup Problems" in my sig, and follow the instructions.

If you don't have a CD, then click on "Recovery Console Instructions" in my sig and follow the instructions to burn a bootable CD. Then use that CD with the article mentioned above.

You would also want to run a hard disk diagnostic as stated by Broni above.