Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop not loading user's profile (No desktop)

• Please log in to reply

Gauranga

Gauranga

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and this seems to be a happening place. I have a problem with my HP Pavillion ze 4500, running XP.

When I type in my password, it does not load the desktop at all.

The first error message I get from the User Environment is: Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system. DETAILS: Insufficient system resources exist...

After I click on OK, it tells me The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d)

I hit F8 many times, but never had the option to boot in Safe Mode. I would appreciate any help very much.

Thanks, Sara :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Can you boot at all?

Gauranga

Gauranga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, it does boot up to the point where it asks me to type in the password. That's where I get the error messages and I end up with a blank blue screen instead of my desktop.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Can you boot into Safe Mode (try rapidly tapping F8 just before the Windows splash screen appears).
If so, try creating a new profile and then reboot and see if you can log onto it.