Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connection problems for 8 years strait

• Please log in to reply

Stewie1

Stewie1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes it's true, and the only reason it's a real problem now, because I've mostly involved into an online gamer. :)

The problem with my connection is; When a phone call is picked up here at my house, the connection goes out for 15 seconds. Sometimes when I'm winning the game would go out, but all the lights will be on the modem.

When a call is received like I said before goes out, and sometimes not.

Whats the issue with my connection?

Info
_______

Os/ XP
Computer/ emachines T series
Modem/ Westell 6100
Router/ Linksys Wireless - G 2.4 GHz

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you're on an ADSL broadband connection (over your telephone line) this behaviour is usually caused because a phone somewhere does not have a filter on it.

Stewie1

Stewie1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
All the phones have filters, And there is static on the phone line

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There shouldn't be any static on the line.
Either a filter's duff or there's some interference from somewhere, either on your side of the line or the provider's side of the line.