Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET BROWSER NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply

nayome18

nayome18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Yesterday my laptop, a toshiba with windows Xp, would not let me browse the internet. It keeps saying webpage cannot be displayed. The wireless connection signal is strong and it cant be the wireless as i have two more computers that connect to the same wireless network perfectly. It is a wireless signal that we are picking up from someone that lives above us and we have the password etc. It has worked for months now and this is the first time i've experienced a problem. I already tried to restart the internet , and i've restored my pc to a few days ago but nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating so if somone could help me i would be really grateful. :)

Thank You,

Nayome

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Why are you stealing someone's internet connection?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The technical term for what the OP is doing is called piggybacking. In most areas it's computer misuse and therefore illegal.
The easiest solution is for the OP to purchase an internet subscription package of their own and use that rather than somebody else's.
If the other person may be a friend or a friendly neighbour that lets you use their internet, then they are probably in violation of their own provider's T&Cs which will pretty much categorically state the service is for their own use only.