Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected files don't exist!

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Norton Ineternet Security 2009s live monitor pops up a message soon after system boot that states I have the Packed.Generic.200 virus but it claims it can't get rid of it. I've followed their manual removal help guide, but it didn't work. I've updated and run several other virus scanners as well. Each one found two or three that the others seamed to miss.

Still, Norton pops up with Packed.Generic.200 error message. The strange part, is that it now says there are 21 infected files. When you look at the path, they are all the exact same path and file. It's listed the same file 21 times. Even better, when I drill down in Windows to that path, the file isn't even there. Yes...I'm viewing hidden files and folders. I even tried finding it in DOS just in case. Still nothing. If I close that Window and tell Norton to run a full system scan, it finds nothing. Then, I searched the registry for any reference to that file and there is nothing their either.

Does anyone else thing this is a glitch with Norton? I'm thinking about reinstalling that app.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements